We Band of Brothers

I have watched Band of Brothers so many times. And yet everytime I watch it, it's like I am watching it for the first time. I could not have imagined how horrible the war was. So much fear. Even after the war ended, I am sure it was not easy to live on. I could only imagine the nightmares and terrors they would be having on sleepless nights. I've seen those a lot onTV (cause I do not know anyone personally who survived the war) and I believe the TV.


When I am down and out, I used to look for and start reading my Schindler book. It told stories of the holocaust's survivors. I could not imagine, how much hatred one person has to wanting to eliminate a race. And the endless of sufferings he put on so many people. And I always tell my friends, could you only imagine, the prisoners at the death camps, when they were having a good day, they would dream. And what they dreamt of is having a warm bed to sleep on and a loaf of bread to eat. And we? We dream of big houses, fast cars, endless vacations etc and to them a warm bed and a loaf of bread seemed so impossible.

 
And this reminds me the story of Jolene's. Her colleague was sharing with her when he was young in Russia, it is so cold and his family was so poor, they would go out to the field to look for cow dung so that they could put their hands in it to warm them. She then said that they are both engineers in the same company right then at that moment and yet they travelled so different paths to be here.
 
And that is how I have learnt to appreciate what I have a little better and attempting to be more grateful and learning to be a better person.
 
I think I am going to finish off my weekend watching Schindler's List. I could get work done tomorrow morning instead.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! Love Me...

Cheap Thing No Good Thing