The Story Of Bimbo's Dark Horse Broke Down

It was a long day at work, so I decided to go home early. It's really unusual I leave work that early. When I was 5 minutes away from home, my car decided to stop. Trying not to panic, I got down from the car and in the midst of juggling with not getting hit by other passing cars, my wannabe Mulberry bag and my mobile phone, my blackberry decided to flew and landed itself in the drain.

What else could go wrong?!

I took a deep breath. And walked to a workshop which is just 2 houses away first, to get help. And there were these 2 young mechanics there who told me that they could not help me because 1. they are closed 2. it's too dark and they have eyesight problem. They were just probably in their twenties. Further down the road (which is probably 1km away) has workshops, you could go there, they told me. How? They just shook their heads. Really?! This confirmed that this place memang land of no manners.

So I took another deep breath. And decided to go save my phone which is in the deep drain. I found the phone immersed in the dirty drain water, which I dried them with my dress. Then I got myself out from the drain and walked the km and found this workshop which is still open. This time, Ah Choon decided to help me. At this point of time, I learnt that my touchpad in my blackberry is spoiled and it's a long story really, to cut it shorter, for the life of me, I could not call my insurance company because I could not browse the phonebook without the touchpad.

He got me a reasonable tow truck, who refused to send me home. Ah Choon told me he could only fix it tomorrow. I managed to get Mellissa to come to rescue me. The following day, for the first time, I managed to work from home from 9am to 7pm and after being harassed by my consistent phone calls, Ah Choon finally told me to come pick up my car @ 8.40pm. Mellissa then came to pick me up to get my car and the owners of the workshop was horrified to learn that I was being abandoned by the first workshop I walked to in the middle of the night. We talked a little, exchanged numbers and they became my first friends in the area.

And life went back to the same routine the same night after dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! Love Me...

Cheap Thing No Good Thing